Looking for a quick and easy side dish to serve with dinner tonight? These garlic mozzarella cheese bombs are affordable, easy and take only about 20 minutes to make with items you probably already have in the kitchen! These soft, gooey biscuits have a mild garlic flavor and an “explosion” of cheese.
- 1 tube of 10-count ready-to-bake biscuits, any variety (I used buttermilk biscuits) Albertson’s brand was on sale for $1.49
- Three mozzarella cheese sticks, cut into thirds. (Grocery Outlet recently had a 16-pack on sale for $3.99); $3.99/16= 24 cents per cheese stick
- 1-2 Tablespoons melted butter
- ¼-½ teaspoon dried Italian seasonings of your choice (parsley, thyme, marjoram, etc)
- pinch of salt
- ½ Tablespoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- While oven is preheating, line a non-stick baking pan with parchment paper and place individual biscuits from tube about 2” apart.
- Place one portion of each of your mozzarella cheese chunks inside of each biscuit. Fold over sides and pinch to close. Place each cheese filled biscuit on pan seam side down. NOTE: You should only use one third of a whole mozzarella stick in each biscuit. Any more than that and the cheese will bubble out when you bake the biscuits.)
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a small, microwave safe container. Glass dipping sauce cups are perfect for this.
- Stir in garlic powder, Italian seasonings and pinch of salt into melted butter.
- Cook biscuits in oven for about 10 minutes or until rolls have risen and gave a golden brown color.
- Brush cooked biscuits with seasoned butter mixture. Serve immediately.